jeudi 12 avril 2012

bath time


The other day, it was so hot and sunny, that I wanted to wash my dogs :). I made a some special home made natural shampoo for them, for beautiful shiny hair and against all kinds of insects (fleas, ticks, ...).


I used a natural shampoo base from Aroma Zone (BIO) and I embellished it with some essential oils.


I used :    
  • Lavender essential oil 
  • Peppermint essential oil
  • Eucalyptus essential oil
  • Holy basil essential oil
  • Mandarin essential oil   (couple drops of each) 


  A little bit of neutral base with the essential oils.











Add some hot water, and shake well your bottle! And the shampoo is ready :).
















I wanted to put the big one in first, but he ran away (I realised that we never get him used to taking baths like we did with the other one). So I started with my sweet little Dixit.















Then the other one, Prince, was kind of curious and I could trick him into the bath
(it was a lot of struggling tough).



But I managed! And I think he likes it too now.

Dogs always love to roll in the grass after they have been washed, it's because they want to have their own familiar scent back.



Aren't they pretty? 


 

1 commentaire: