mardi 21 février 2012

batch of cookies

Made these cookies today!


I always adapt vegan recipes I find with things that I have at home, and it always turned out great. Now I made almond-dates cookies.

- 1 cup of almonds
- 3/4 cup of spelt flower
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 medjool dates (or more/less to taste)
- 1/4 rapadura cane organic sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil (you have to melt it)
- 6 tablespoons almond milk
- 1.5 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (I didn't had any maple syrup left so I put some agave syrup, but not enough so my cookies were a little drier than usual)
- 1 cup oats
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

You don't have to translate the cups in grams, I just take one of my cereal bowls and use this for every ingredient.

Put your almonds on a baking plate, and put them in the oven at 170-180 C° for 10 minutes to roast them. Always check to see that they don't burn. Then mix them roughly. Mix also the oats roughly. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: spelt flower, baking powder, oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, sugar, almonds. Then add the wet ingredients; vanilla essence, almond milk, coconut oil, dates (chopped in little pieces), maple syrup. Whisk it all together. Then you make your cookies in the size you want them; 180 °C in the oven for 10 minutes, then let it cool down for 5 minutes in the oven and then take them out of the oven and let them cool down and dig in!








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire